Monday, November 21, 2011

any day now

The date for moving back into our house is getting closer every day. The floors are still being sanded and polished (the sander is a man obsessed and a perfectionist - good for us of course, but he doesn't work quickly). White goods are arriving and all the little jobs seem to be being tackled one by one. It will be strange not to speak to our builder every day.

While we haven't been able to get into the house we have been using the pool most days which has been bliss - in the mornings on the weekends, and after school during the week. It has been fantastic. It has been so hot and dry here that it is a relief to dive into the water.




We are getting some turf laid tomorrow to hopefully make the back garden less of a dust bowl. The rest of the landscaping will have to wait.
The Poinciana in the front garden is starting to bloom which is gorgeous.


view from the front verandah


I am looking out all the Christmas decorations in anticipation, and I think one of the first things I'll do when we move back in is put up the Christmas tree and decorate the house. All the other stuff can wait. I love Christmas - my favourite of course is the cold climate, northern Christmas that I grew up with. I always get a little homesick at this time of year, and I think that's why I throw myself into the festive season.


No comments:

Post a Comment