Monday, August 13, 2012

perth


It's been ages since I have written a blog post. We have been really busy with 
day to day life, and I've been just a little bit obsessed with really enjoying
Instagram in lieu of blogging - much more instantly gratifying. 

We have been doing some work around the house and in the garden - (actually I use "we" loosely 
for the garden work - both the man of the house and I have two left thumbs when 
it comes to anything vaguely handy) - we now have a small vege patch and 
a Taj Mahal style chicken coop and run - I'll have some visuals soon.

Boy wonder and I have just returned from a week in Perth visiting my brother and his 
family. We had such a great time catching up with 
them all, and the boy of the house had lots of quality time with his cousins.
 Perth turned on the nicest weather for us - lots of dry, sunny days.
There is something about the light and the space over there that is very special.
Not to mention all the older cottages of weatherboard and brick. I loved it, along with 
the plants and flowers that you see in their more Mediterranean climate: roses,
camellias, lavender, rhododendrons, all fabulous.

My brother lives near the beach - how fantastic would that be?
I wonder if you tire of that if you see it every day..... they still love
it after almost three years there.




We left the man of the house to his own devices in the old girl for a week.
I was a little bit apprehensive about what I would find on our return - he is great in the kitchen
but the more mundane domestic tasks tend to fall to me.

this was our bed before we left - I have to admit I am just a
bit particular about making the bed in the morning......



some poppies I bought just before I left for Perth not
really thinking I wouldn't be around to enjoy them






the bed when we got back - looks hastily made
methinks just before we arrived home! And the cushions
on the floor of course......



my poor poppies after a week





3 comments:

  1. Looks like a sublime holiday! You might enjoy this:
    http://www.avolites.org.uk/jokes/scoring.htm

    Purely for the comment: "You make the bed, but forget to add the decorative pillows - Minus one point" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what you get when you go away!!! Loved your photos of Perth on IG. Wish Brisbane was on the beach rather than the mud flats.

    ReplyDelete